Course Price is £295 + VAT
Managing difficult employees and problem people
People-problems, like people themselves, come in all sorts of shapes and sizes: some are trivial, minor irritations, while others are more substantial and seriously impair relationships or performance of a job to be done.
This course is ideal for managers who need better techniques to ‘handle problem people’ or ‘deal with difficult staff’. Its focus is to teach managers more effective ways of managing performance or attitude problems before they become serious and what to do if action is needed. It is packed with many practical tips and techniques and help managers manage all difficult situations confidently and competently.
Managers that will benefit from this course will be faced with some or all of the following problems
- Employees on unpleasant tasks?
- Employees that regularly miss work deadlines or submit work that needs to be redone?
- Employees who refuse to do assigned work or who tend to “pass the buck”
- Employees that continuously ignore rules and regulations
- Employee who have been late beyond minimum standards or absent beyond reasonable norms
- Employees who cause personality conflicts with other workers or frequently have a negative attitude
Managing Difficult Employees Course Agenda
Introduction/course aims and objectives
The causes of conflict – how to recognise and pre-empt them
The assertive leader – managing situations confidently
Strategies for managing the difficult conversation – early interventions
Analysing your conflict resolution profile and behavioural style
Recognising classic profiles of difficult people and how to manage them
Deciding when to take the most appropriate action
Building a case to tackle the difficult employee through investigation and documention
Role-play – ‘Managing the difficult conversation’
Managing inefficiency and poor performance issues
Tackling attitude and behaviour issues confidently
Communicating with unresponsive individuals
Handling hostile and aggressive situations
Role-play – ‘Dealing with the aggressive employee’
Handling the reactions of the difficult conversation
Confidently handling the disciplinary meeting
Follow through and managing the relationship after the meeting
Discussion and role-play – ‘Keeping the disruptive employee on track’
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Other related courses include assertiveness skills, mediation skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding Dealing With Difficult People training courses or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Dealing with conflict and aggression
- Handling Very Difficult Customers – Training course and newsletter information
- Dealing with difficult people – the aggressive person
- Dealing with difficult people – the arrogant person
- Tips for dealing with Difficult People
- Dealing with difficult people at work
- How to deal with difficult people