Effective recruitment strategies
Your hands sweat. Your heart palpitates. Your mind is a confused jumble of fragmented advice and expected behaviour. No, it’s not your first date. It’s your first time interviewing candidates for an important job opening.
Although the ability to hire the right people is critical not only for your organisation, but for your own success and advancement, very few managers know how to tell the difference between a top performer and an ‘eloquent incompetent’. In fact, a recent survey showed that more than forty per-cent of hiring decisions are made on the basis of appearance factors alone.
Our one-day interviewing skills course is tailored for delegates who would like to gain better interviewing skills and learn how to conduct successful interviews for choosing the right employee(s). Our Interviewing course will show candidates how to; gain winning interview skills; give better interviews; be a better interviewer and learn how to interview effectively. As well as improving interviewing skills, delegates will also learn recruitment and employment law.
This course will cover the practical skills needed for successful interviewing and our reputation for effective recruitment training has been endorsed by many delegates. Those who have attended the course have described it as being productive, informative and focused. It allows delegates to understand the stages of carrying out interviews and shows them how to conduct an effective interview so that they are able to attract the best candidates and choose the best person for the job. We guarantee to deliver the best employment strategies, tips and techniques for better interviewing and recruiting skills.
Please click the below link to access our Interviewing Skills for the Interviewee course agenda
For more information on course dates for this programme contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who will benefit from the course?
Our course will cover the practical skills needed to make recruitment interviews productive and focused. It will allow delegates to understand the stages of the recruitment process and how to conduct an effective interview so that they are able to attract the best candidates and choose the best person for the job.
Our courses allow all staff to benefit from enhanced interviewing skills. The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Sales and fundraising staff
- Local government employees
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
- Technical and academic team members
Interviewing Skills Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Welcome, introductions, course programme and objectives.
- The cost of recruitment and staff turnover
- Identifying the causes of poor recruitment
- Strategies for effective recruitment practice
- The stages of recruitment.
- Designing a job description and person profile
- Analysing application forms and cv’s
- Techniques for opening the interview
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Role-play – Interview introduction
- Questioning the candidate
- Role-play questioning the candidate
- Closing the interview and outlining doubts
- Final role-play – closing the interview
- Interviewing and the law
- Action planning
- Close course and final paperwork
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Online courses from £15.00
Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Click HERE for more online courses
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Controlling Bias
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Dealing with Difficult Candidates
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P5
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P4
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P3
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P2
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P1
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Interview Structure
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Preparing for the interveiw P2 – EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Preparing for the interveiw P1 – THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Skilful Selection
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: The Equality Act 2010
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: 60 of the Most Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Effective recruitment interviewing
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: The lighter side – Recruiting anecdotes